[TO BE PUBLISHED IN GAZETTEOF INDIA, EXTRAORDINARY PART II, SECTION 3, SUB-SECTION(i)]
MINISTRY OF PETROLEUM AND NATURAL GAS
New Delhi, the 12th January 2007
GSR.19(E). In exercise of the powers conferred by section 3 of the Essential Commodities Act, 1955 (10 of 1955), the Central Government hereby makes the following order further to amend the Kerosene (Restriction on Use and Fixation of Ceiling Price) Order, 1993, namely:-
1. (1) This Order may be called the Kerosene (Restriction on Use and Fixation of Ceiling Price) Amendment Order, 2007.
(2) It shall come into force on the date of its publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Kerosene (Restriction on Use and Fixation of Ceiling Price) Order, 1993(herein after referred to as the said order), in clause 2,-
(i) after item (g), the following shall be inserted, namely:-
‘(ga) “marker” means a chemical substance approved by the Central Government from time to time for blending in kerosene and other petroleum products with the objective of preventing their diversion or adulteration of motor spirit or high speed diesel and other petroleum products’;
(ii) after item (k), the following shall be inserted, namely:-
‘(ka) “test kit” means a set of equipment used to determine the presence of marker in kerosene, motor spirit, high speed diesel and other petroleum products’; .
(3) In the said order, after clause 8, the following clause shall be inserted, namely: -
“8A. Kerosene to be blended with marker – All kerosene sold in India, whether under the public distribution system or parallel marketing system, shall be blended with marker at five parts per million (ppm) concentration with the objective of preventing its diversion or adulteration of other petroleum products.”
(4) In the said order, in clause 9, in sub clause (a), in item (iii), after the word “procedures” the following shall be added, namely:-
“draw and test samples of the product with the aid of test kit to determine blending of marker in kerosene.”.
(D.N. NARASIMHA RAJU)
JOINT SECRETARY TO THE GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
Note: The principal Order was published to the Gazette of India vide GSR 584(E) dated the 2nd September, 1993 and subsequently amended vide
(1) GSR 509(E) dated the 19th June, 1995
(2) GSR 126(E) dated the 8th March, 1996
(3) GSR 638(E) dated the 21st October, 1998
(4) GSR 105(E) dated the 22nd February, 2001
(5) GSR 405(E) dated the 6th July, 2006